- This event has passed.
PPI Committee Meeting
January 11 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
PROGRAM FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION (PPI) COMMITTEE
Friday, January 11, 2019 | 2:30-5:00 PM
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. AGENDA ITEMS:
- Volunteer Minutes Taker
- Welcome 2019 Chair, Kim Harr
- Multijurisdictional PPI
- Pinellas County Flood Risk and Mitigation Public Information Working Group
- Intended to cover basic CRS PPI requirements, Flood Insurance Coverage, Floodplain Management, and Flood Warning and Response, input for multijurisdictional Local Mitigation Strategy Working Group
- Coordinated effort to improve consistency in messaging countywide and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Opportunity to work closely with other jurisdictions to:
o Identify flood information needs, target audiences, and associated messages o Coordinate projects (countywide and jurisdictional) to relay flood information o Identify flood risks and potential mitigation opportunities o Identify partnership opportunities o Provide support to LMS WG
- October Meeting Action Items Status
- PPI Committee – Review Latest version of messages, audiences, and projects for blue sky
and flood response plan, which are in the PPI annual report provided. Bring robust
comments to PPI update kickoff in Jan.
- Motley – Update remaining bulletin boards.
- Kareski – Send committee draft messages for winter residents.
- Robinson –
o Schedule workshop for Thursday 2/21/19 – 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM.
o Remind mayor at end of January to announce that February is flood awareness
month and invite residents to Flood Insurance Workshop.