Borrow It, Love It, Return It! Overdue Fine Free
No overdue fines at PPLC Member Libraries effective October 1, 2021.
1) What happens if my items are overdue?
- You will not be charged overdue fines, but your account will be blocked when items are 10 days overdue
- Accounts will be unblocked when items are returned in good condition
2) What happens when my account is blocked?
- You will not be able to borrow library items, or access Overdrive/Libby
- Your account will be billed for the cost of the outstanding items plus processing fees
3) How do I unblock my account?
- Visit your local library to return or pay for lost/damaged items.
4) What happens to the fines currently on my account?
- All overdue fines will be eliminated on October 1, 2021.
- Fines for lost/damaged items will remain on your account.
5) How can I tell if my account is blocked?
- A notice will be sent to you based on your account preferences (email, text, or phone)
- You may also log into your account
6) What else do I need to know?
- Items will automatically be renewed twice, unless they are on hold for another borrower
- The East Lake and Palm Harbor Libraries will continue to charge overdue fines for special collections
Chatterbooks at Gulf Beaches Public Library
When: Tuesday May 17th at 10:30 am. “Big Lies in a Small Town” by Diane Chamberlain.
All readers encouraged to bring ideas for future books.
Art Classes for Adults – Unleash Your Inner Artist
Tuesday May 24th, 5pm – 7:30pm – Deb Bernard is a local artist who went from working in the corporate world to honing her love of art and winning awards. Her awards include First and Second place ribbons and Best in Show. Deb started taking lessons locally and attended workshops by famous national and international watercolor artists to achieve her advanced level. She became a professional artist in 2019.
Deb will help you from start to finish in mixing color, applying paint, and adding finishing touches. Bring a friend, spend time relaxing and enjoy the fun of painting. No prior experience is required. Deb will walk you through the process step-by-step. All materials are provided. Show up, have fun, take home a finished painting that you will love. It’s that simple!
Registrations is required. This monthly program is limited to 15 participants. The price to attend the class is $20. All art materials will be provided for you and you’ll leave the class with a beautiful painting that you created.
Weekly Programs at the Library
Writer’s Group: Mondays, 10:00 a.m -12:00 p.m. The Madeira Writers group is looking for new members. Bring a few pages of your current work in progress to share with the group.
Computer/Mobile Device Help: Mondays, 1 p.m. Ask questions about any of your problem devices.
GB Scrabble: Fridays,1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Learn some new two letter words!
Investment Club: Thursdays, 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Join a group of experienced investors in an exchange of ideas about the current market and investment opportunities.
Movies at the Library
- International Films: Tuesdays, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday Movies: Wednesdays, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Lending Library Machine Now Available
The Gulf Beaches Library, in conjunction with the City of Treasure Island, is proud to announce the arrival of the Library Lending Machine. Take out books with the swipe of your library card. The Library Lending Machine holds multiple copies of today’s best selling novels and a wide variety of books for children. Available at: Treasure Bay, 10315 Paradise Blvd., Treasure Island, FL 33706.
Gulf Beaches Public Library Story Time for Kids
- Baby and Me: Wednesdays @ 10:30 am
Songs, stories, puppets, and playtime
- Preschool: Fridays @ 10:30 am
Songs, stories, and crafts
It’s Story Time
- Friday, May 6th – All about Moms
- Friday, May 13th – The Letter W
- Friday, May 20th – Bugs and Butterflies
- Friday, May 27th – Spring Animals
- Friday, June 24th – Kickoff Ice cream party @ 2 pm
- Wednesday, June 28th – Giving Tree Music Drum Circle @ 2pm
- Wednesday, July 6th – Magician Cesar Domico @ 2pm
- Wednesday, July 13th – Mad Science @ 2:30pm
- Wednesday, July 20th, Rock Painting @ 2pm
- Wednesday, July 27th – End of Summer Pizza Party @ 2pm
Check Out A Museum Pass
Thanks to our partnerships with area museums, the Pinellas Public Library Cooperative is happy to offer FREE family admission to the following museums: Museum of Fine Arts, Florida Holocaust Museum, The James Museum of Western & Wildlife Art, Great Explorations Children’s Museum, Henry B. Plant Museum, Imagine Museum, Leepa Rattner Museum of Art, Dunedin History Museum, and the Tampa Bay History Center.
How the museum pass works:
- Each PPLC member library and its branches have two museum passes from each museum partner (except for the Henry B. Plant museum which has a total of 6 passes countywide).
- Passes are available for checkout on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes are not renewable or holdable.
- You may check the availability of passes by contacting your library’s circulation staff or by searching the PPLC online catalog.
- Only one pass per museum may be borrowed at a time. Checkout by adult PPLC cardholders only.
- Admission is valid for up to 2 adults, and 3 children under the age of 18, in the same household.
- Each pass is valid for one visit within the 7-day loan period. Passes are checked out for a full 7-day period.
- Present the receipt from the library to museum staff upon entry. The museum will retain your receipt.
- Passes are not available to reciprocal borrowers.
Try our new AWE Early Literacy Learning Computer!
We have games in science, reading, technology, engineering, art, music, and math.
- Mon. 10 am – 6pm
- Tues. 10 am – 8 pm
- Wed. 10 am – 6pm
- Thurs. 10 am – 6pm
- Fri. 10 am – 6pm
- Sat. 10 am – 5 pm
- Sun. Closed
Downloadable Audiobooks, eBooks, Magazines and Music at Gulf Beaches Public Library
The Pinellas Public Library Cooperative (PPLC) and member libraries announce the release of a new mobile App. Search Pinellas library Cooperative in Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to download the free App. Borrow digital movies, music, eBooks and more, 24/7 with your library card. Download The Libby App or Hoopla.