Borrow It, Love It, Return It! Overdue Fine Free
No overdue fines at PPLC Member Libraries effective October 1, 2021.
1) What happens if my items are overdue?
- You will not be charged overdue fines, but your account will be blocked when items are 10 days overdue
- Accounts will be unblocked when items are returned in good condition
2) What happens when my account is blocked?
- You will not be able to borrow library items, or access Overdrive/Libby
- Your account will be billed for the cost of the outstanding items plus processing fees
3) How do I unblock my account?
- Visit your local library to return or pay for lost/damaged items.
4) What happens to the fines currently on my account?
- All overdue fines will be eliminated on October 1, 2021.
- Fines for lost/damaged items will remain on your account.
5) How can I tell if my account is blocked?
- A notice will be sent to you based on your account preferences (email, text, or phone)
- You may also log into your account
6) What else do I need to know?
- Items will automatically be renewed twice, unless they are on hold for another borrower
- The East Lake and Palm Harbor Libraries will continue to charge overdue fines for special collections
Art Classes for Adults
When: Tuesday October 26th from 5-7:30 pm
This monthly program is limited to 15 participants. The price to attend the class is $20. All art materials will be provided for you and you’ll leave the class with a beautiful painting that you created.
Deb Barnard, a local artist, will help you from start to finish in mixing color, applying paint, adding finishing touches. Bring a friend, spend some time relaxing and enjoy the fun of painting. No prior experience is required. Deb will walk you through the process step by step. All materials are provided. Show up, have fun, take home a finished painting that you will love! It’s that simple! Registration is required.
Movies at the Library
- International Films, Tuesdays at 2:30PM
- Recent Releases, Wednesday at 2:30pm
Gulf Beaches Public Library Story Time for Kids
- Baby and Me: Wednesdays @ 10:30 am
Songs, stories, puppets, and playtime
- Preschool: Fridays @ 10:30 am
Songs, stories, and crafts
Check Out A Museum Pass
Thanks to our partnerships with area museums, the Pinellas Public Library Cooperative is happy to offer FREE family admission to the following museums: Museum of Fine Arts, Florida Holocaust Museum, The James Museum of Western & Wildlife Art, Great Explorations Children’s Museum, Henry B. Plant Museum, Imagine Museum, Leepa Rattner Museum of Art, Dunedin History Museum, and the Tampa Bay History Center.
How the museum pass works:
- Each PPLC member library and its branches have two museum passes from each museum partner (except for the Henry B. Plant museum which has a total of 6 passes countywide).
- Passes are available for checkout on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes are not renewable or holdable.
- You may check the availability of passes by contacting your library’s circulation staff or by searching the PPLC online catalog.
- Only one pass per museum may be borrowed at a time. Checkout by adult PPLC cardholders only.
- Admission is valid for up to 2 adults, and 3 children under the age of 18, in the same household.
- Each pass is valid for one visit within the 7-day loan period. Passes are checked out for a full 7-day period.
- Present the receipt from the library to museum staff upon entry. The museum will retain your receipt.
- Passes are not available to reciprocal borrowers.