Business Tax Receipts

Businesses or persons who own property to be used as rentals, or persons who conduct a business or provide a service within the Town must obtain a business tax receipt. Businesses or persons located outside of the Town, but who conduct business in Town (such as contractors, realtors, etc.) must register with the Building Department.

Online Portal

You can now use our Online Portal for paying Business Tax Receipts. Go to MY PORTAL. From there, it will prompt you to either submit an application, view your application, or make a payment. To apply, please click the “Apply Online” button and create or sign in to your account. When prompted, please choose the “Licensing” category. Then, chose which application that you would like to apply for.

For any questions, please contact the Deputy Town Clerk/ Assistant to the Town Administrator, Jolie Patterson, at or at 727-397-5538.

Online Portal


Useful links for starting a business

Home Business Tax Receipt

The Town permits a business to be run out of your home in a residential zone with limitations to protect the residential neighborhood.

The exact address of the business or location of the property is required for all approved Business Tax Receipts.  Proper zoning must be established.  You may obtain an application for a business license between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 PM.  Applications must be filled out completely, signed and dated before a license can be issued for the business to commerce.

Fictitious Name Act: if your business uses any name other than your own, you must register or re-register it under the Fictitious Name Act with The State of Florida, Division of Corporations in Tallahassee.  This requirement does not apply to corporations.

State of Florida Hotel and Restaurant

Any business dealing with foods, pest control, and/or any health-affecting product or service, public swimming pools, individual sewage disposal facilities, trailer parks, bottled water planets, food processing plants, food outlets, and restaurants needs a Health Food Permit.  The type of food business you have determines the agency that inspects your business.  A list of those agencies follows:

  • State of Florida Hotel & Restaurant, 1313 Tampa Street, No. 106
    Tampa, FL 33602. Phone: (850) 487-1395
  • State of Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Food and Safety Inspection: (850) 488-3022
  • State Sales Tax: Call (727) 538-7400 for more information.