Redington Shores Building Department
Building Official – Bruce Cooper
The Redington Shores building department reviews plans, issues permits, and inspects all construction work in the Town to ensure compliance with all codes and ordinances. The Town requires building permits for new construction, additions, interior alterations, alarm systems, pools and spas, roofing, fences, signs, patio covers and enclosures, garages, windows, sheds, driveways, sidewalks, and work on electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and gas systems.
To obtain a permit, you must submit the following documents: permit application; signed contract with homeowner; product approval numbers (windows, doors, etc.); copies of state license and PCCLB card; drawing if appropriate.
All permits require building inspections. The Town needs a 24-hour notice to schedule an inspection. You may call for inspections between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 PM. or email email@example.com. For Fire Inspections call Seminole Fire Dept. (727) 393-8711.
Inspection Results – If you are not able to make it out to the job site to review the results, please email your request to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permit Fee Calculations Schedule Form
- Planning and Zoning, Special Magistrate, and Town Commission Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Application Form
- Construction Plan Checklist
- Notice of Commencement
- V Zone Design Certificate
- Owner Builder Affidavit Form
- Roofing Affidavit
- Driveway Release Form 2009
- Residential Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Safety Act
- Inspection Requirements
- Permit Policies
Planning and Zoning
- Site Submittal Checklist
- Planning Zoning Variance Application
- Application for Rezoning
- Zoning Map
- Virtual Quasi-Judicial Hearing Procedures
Redington Shores Comprehensive Plan
- Comprehensive Plan
- Existing Land Use
- Application for Land Use Plan Amendment
- Future Land Use Map
- The Florida NPDES Stormwater Permitting Program for Construction Activity
Available Grants / Programs Include:
- FMA (Flood Mitigation Assistance)
- RFC (Repetitive Flood Claims)
- SRL (Severe Repetitive Loss)
Other information on retrofitting existing homes along with the above program information is available at Town Hall.
The Building Department will meet and discuss grant and retrofit opportunities by appointment. For residents considering applying for grants it will be necessary to have the following items to determine eligibility and funding:
- current appraisal
- current survey-site approval
- current elevation certificate
- recent estimate of construction costs to perform mitigation retrofits.
The Town can help once all of the information is gathered by performing a cost benefit analysis and electronically submitting the application.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for the enforcement of the Town of Redington Shores Code of Ordinances. These include land use and zoning, and life-safety regulations. You may call the Building Department to report any code violations.
Business Tax Receipt
Businesses or persons who own property to be used as rentals, or persons who conduct a business or provide a service within the Town must obtain a business tax receipt. Businesses or persons located outside of the Town, but who conduct business in Town (such as contractors, realtors, etc.) must register with the Building Department.
Useful links for starting a business
- Business Planning Assistance (727) 523-6800 | www.score.org
- Enterprise Florida www.eflorida.com
- Federal Employer ID Number (800) 829-1040 | www.irs.gov
- Federal Taxation IRS www.irs.gov
- Fictitious name registration (850) 488-9000 | www.sunbiz.org
- Florida Department of Revenue (800) 352-3671 | www.myflorida.com/dor
- Small Business Administration (800) 829-9103 | www.FloridaSmallBusiness.com
- Social Security Tax Info (727) 893-3176 | www.ssa.gov
- State of Florida www.myflorida.com
- What Services Require a DBPR License (850) 487-1395 | www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/services-requiring-a-dbpr-license/
Home Business Tax Receipt
The Town permits a business to be run out of your home in a residential zone with limitations to protect the residential neighborhood.
The exact address of the business or location of the property is required for all approved Business Tax Receipts. Proper zoning must be established. You may obtain an application for a business license between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 PM. Applications must be filled out completely, signed and dated before a license can be issued for the business to commerce.
Fictitious Name Act: if your business uses any name other than your own, you must register or re-register it under the Fictitious Name Act with The State of Florida, Division of Corporations in Tallahassee. This requirement does not apply to corporations.
State of Florida Hotel and Restaurant
Any business dealing with foods, pest control, and/or any health-affecting product or service, public swimming pools, individual sewage disposal facilities, trailer parks, bottled water planets, food processing plants, food outlets, and restaurants needs a Health Food Permit. The type of food business you have determines the agency that inspects your business. A list of those agencies follows:
- State of Florida Hotel & Restaurant, 1313 Tampa Street, No. 106
Tampa, FL 33602. Phone: (850) 487-1395
- State of Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Food and Safety Inspection: (850) 488-3022
- State Sales Tax: Call (727) 538-7400 for more information.